Monday, June 28, 2010

Vanessa King: Actress, Model & Graphic Designer Wants to See Higher Visibility for Amputees, Pam Vetter










"I'd like to see more exposure for amputees in entertainment, but not just as victims of an accident or background in war movies. I think more exposure on television and in film would help people become more familiar and comfortable with amputees and, hopefully, cut down on the shock and discrimination amputees are subject to because they've lost a limb," Vanessa King says, "Society has to play catch up soon. More young men and women are coming home from Iraq and Afghanistan as amputees. The way amputees are judged still surprises me, but I don't focus on the rejections. Instead, I keep moving forward and hope things will change."

Visit link for the whole story.

No comments: